System of passive safety structures PROLIFE
PROLIFE® is WIMED’s innovative and fully certified products range for single and multi post traffic signs constructions made according to EN 12899-1 and provided passive safety according to EN 12 767. Unlike traditional steel tube, PROLIFE ® is made of one type of cold formed galvanized “U” shaped profiles which simplifies production and minimized gogistic efforts and costs. The gap between the reversed ends facilitates sign fixing. An optional application of a profiled insert (reflective or non reflective) or a modular connection additionally strengthens the structure of the post.
The PROLIFE system complies with the requirements of EN 12767 include the following types of construction:
The system was developed by the WIMED Technical Section in co-operation with:
- TU GRAZ Vehicle Safety Institute
- Warsaw University of Technology
- Cracow University of Technology
- Institute of Court Expert opinions in Cracow
The system was tested again compliance with EN 12899-1, passed crash tests as regards passive security in accordance with 12767 with a positive result, and obtained CE certificate of compliance.
Key features of the system
- Compared to standard sign posts of round cross-section, Prolife is characterized with higher resistance to wind,
- Universal nature of the system allows assembly of signs of any type
- Lower risk of theft as steel is worth much less than aluminum or other light materials,
- The system is produced based on steel elements and as such it is much cheaper than other secure solutions that are most often made of aluminum or composite materials.
- The system doesn’t require any additional securities in the form of a protective barrier
- As the structure is light, it may be assembled without using any heavy equipment
- Open grating structure leaves better sighting for drivers